Pagine

sabato 9 maggio 2015

Riding like a hamster


Riding in a velodrome is not my favorite thing in the world, but overall I did not mind today's trip to Bournemouth to ride with Felix, from Velo Sur Mere, and to try the outdoor track.

Ben and I left Southampton by train on a windy and slightly wet morning, but soon the Sun decided to peak out of the clouds warming us up and rising quite a lot of humidity.

I don't even know how many laps we have done, you can count them on my Strava track, I cannot be bothered. What I know is that we tried a bit of everything: from steady riding on our own, to flying fast laps and 1 on 1 sprints...I was definitely the slowest of the trio, but at least I could trackstand on the top of the bend!

It was nice and quiet and we only had to share the velodrome with some little kids that were riding in the inner part of the track. In a way it is relaxing to know that you are safe, away from cars and other dangers. You can concentrate on the movement, the breathing, the whole body in general; you look ahead, following with the eyes the sprinter's line on your right and being pulled around and out of the bend by it.

What I missed was the sense of travelling and reaching a destination, which is what I mostly love about cycling. But it was a fun day and I'm quite sure it won't be my last time in a velodrome.




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento