Pagine

lunedì 10 ottobre 2011

London BFF

First time racing in UK...it has been awesome! Racers were like us italians, but maybe a little more drunk and friendly. Or maybe it was just the fact that we were no more than 20, so I remember most of the faces.
As usual, bikes laying on the concrete on one side of the road, racers on the other. I put my bike close to Dazzler's, the currier I decided to follow, so I am right behind him when we start pounding on the pedals.
The traffic is not bad, but anyway the worst I have ever found during an alleycat, so it is useful to be close to someone that knows what he is doing. With us is also Ryan, but unlike in Italy, we stay relatively far from each other, everyone finding his own way between the cars. Sometimes I feel like I am disturbing them while they move but slowly I catch the rhythm. The only thing I can do to help is to offer protection from the wind in the long straight avenues, when we fly at 40km/h.
We are 3rd, 4th and 5th at the first check, but to me it looks like we are slowing down, so when we catch up with another currier at the second check I stick with him...and I will keep doing this till the end of the race. But it the end this appears to be a bad choice because Dazzler finishes in second position while I arrive 5th, following Vojtech.
It has been a grate race, I would have never been able to finish without following them, but I feel really proud of being able not to lose their wheels!


Visualizzazione ingrandita della mappa

I just fell sorry because I didn't go to the prize giving...maybe next time! For now I will enjoy my brand new spoke card.
Thanks to Dazzler, Vojtech, Ryan and the other polish guy for showing me the Way, to John for organizing, and to Katja (and friend), Sarah, Fezzi, Lozze and Jorge for supporting me! Next time you have to partecipate!

Here the official finishing order.

PS: one puncture, probably from glass on the road: you will need big tires if you want to cycle in London!

3 commenti:

  1. well done matte.. sicuro non dev essere facile correre contromano!!!
    P.S ma ho capito bene.. 20 partecipanti all alley del bff a londra???

    RispondiElimina
  2. eh si, eravamo pochissimi! comunque, per parlare di cose serie...ho i video sella SCR, ma non riesco a caricarli su megaupload, quindi quando torno in italia dobbiamo vederci con una pennetta USB!

    RispondiElimina
  3. va bene.. quando torni fattivivo.. stammi bene
    L

    RispondiElimina