Pagine

sabato 20 gennaio 2018

Ain't a sailor anymore - Atlantic crossing 18.3

Le Marin - Martinique 20/01/18

Here I am, 5 days into the new chapter of this Atlantic experience. Le Marin, the harbour where I'm staying now with the new boat on which I'm working, is not really a nice place. An enclosed bay, sheltered from the wind and packed with hundreds of boats of all type.
But the job is interesting, quite different from what I have ever done. Could be monotonous after a while, I guess, but also meditative in a strange way. Less sailing, more sweating, less drinking, more wiping, less helming, more scrubbing.
Yesterday I've had the chance to do a night trip to the other side of the island, together with some people of my age that I met at the bar. Getting out of Le Marin was good, and in Le Vauclin we found a nicer atmosphere, with a nice Caribbean feel, and much more integration between the Creoles and the Europeans.

  "Don't haul on the rope, don't climb up the mast If you see a sailing ship it might be your last Just get your civies ready for another run ashore A sailor ain't a sailor, ain't a sailor anymore" "

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento